Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Leftovers from 2007

Previous posts have included a few promises not yet kept and some items requiring followup:

  • In my Welcome post (Sept. 12, 2007), I promised to explain how the Federal Government oppresses minorities. I shall publish a post on this subject on or near Martin Luther King Day (Jan. 21).
  • In “Your vote may be a public record” (Oct. 23), I related how, by following a paper trail that was public record, one’s vote could be matched with one’s name. Soon thereafter, Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, announced a simple procedural change that removed that link. The “Authority to Vote” number will no longer be recorded next to the voter’s name in the poll book.
  • Sen. Voinovich has not yet answered my request for his position to HR 1955 (Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act, “An appeal to Ohio’s Senators against HR 1955”, Dec. 4).
  • My invitations to participate in this blog and to help begin a movement for Ohio secession remain open (“Two invitations to my fellow Ohioans”, Dec. 6).

I thank my readers for their thoughtful comments. With only one exception that was obviously spam, all comments submitted have been published. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments: