“All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter, reform, or abolish the same, whenever they may deem it necessary; and no special privileges or immunities shall ever be granted, that may not be altered, revoked, or repealed by the general assembly."
- Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 2
The Ohio Republic does not advocate, nor will it condone, violence in pursuit of its goals; except in self-defense against a government or international organization that resorts to violence against us. This weblog stresses the importance of the rule of law to maintaining our civilization, and thus much prefers to seek legislative; and where necessary, judicial remedies to the problems that confront us.
He is available to speak to interested organizations on topics related to The Ohio Republic. Additional information is available on the Speaker page.
Harold may be reached by e-mail and has a page in Facebook.
By Harold Thomas
Book• Governing Ourselves: How Americans Can Restore Their Freedom, to be published February 29, 2012 (preview).
Articles and Publications
• "Are You Serious?" (How the liberty movement should view the Ohio gubernatorial campaign), Liberty Voice, Summer 2010.
• "Beyond Red and Blue: The State Sovereignty Movement Ignites a 'Wildfire Across America'", Vermont Commons, Autumn 2009.
• "The Case for Ohio Independence" (privately published, 1995, pdf file).
• Interview with Jim Hogue, April 4, 2009 (.mp3 file) on secessionism in North America. Broadcast on radio station WGDR in Burlington, Vermont.
• Sermon to Obetz United Methodist Church , “What did they fight and die for?”, May 24, 2009 (html file).
• Wooster 9-12 Project, “State Sovereignty: What’s in it for me?”, August 10, 2009. PowerPoint (html file).
• Southwest Ohio Liberty Conference, "State Sovereignty, Nullification, and Secession," November 21, 2009. (Photo and brief article)
• Berwick Kiwanis Club, "The Meaning of Liberty," July 8, 2010.
This five-part video series features an interview with Harold Thomas and Jason Rink. Each is a YouTube video approximately 10 minutes long:
• Part 1: Ohio State Sovereignty - An Introduction
• Part 2: Federalism
• Part 3: The Constitution and the Courts
• Part 4A: Nullification
• Part 4B: Secession