Thursday, December 6, 2007

Two invitations to my fellow Ohioans

As I review the entries in this blog to date, I realize just how much this has been a one-man show. Response to this blog has been slow, but very encouraging, so I remain highly enthusiastic! -- but one man can never be a movement. So, I would like to invite others to join me.

First, if you would like to write for this blog, I invite you to e-mail submissions to me. After we have gone over several contributions and established a level of trust, I shall permit you to contribute directly. In the near future, I shall issue a draft statement of principles that will give you a clearer idea of what I have in mind.

Second, if you would like to get in on the ground floor of a movement for Ohio secession, please e-mail me to indicate your interest. Include in that e-mail your postal address, county, preferred phone number. This information will remain confidential, and will not be used for any other purpose without your express written consent.

In accordance with Robert's Rules, when I have received e-mail notifications from at least 20 people from at least 5 different counties, I shall draft by-laws and a platform to be voted on at a convention (probably all day on a Saturday) at the most convenient possible location.

If you are an Ohio resident, I hope you will seriously consider and respond to these invitations.
If you are not an Ohio resident, let me thank you for reading this blog -- you are always welcome to read and comment. I hope that some of the ideas presented here will be helpful to you.

5 comments:

EL FORASTERO DE OHIO said...

I was born in Ohio and I find the concept interesting.

EL FORASTERO DE OHIO said...

My Friend Roberto Alvarez-Galloso [who was born in Ohio] has a blog called "The Alvarez Galloso News Hour".

He sent me to invite you to be interviewed by his site which is
http://alvarezgalloso.wordpress.com
or http://alvarezgalloso.blog.co.uk.

His E Mail is rcag62@gmail.com

He also published an article about you in his blog and in Merinews [an Electronic Magazine from India]

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your comments, and letting me know about the publicity in your friend's blog and in Merinews.. The only problem is, the publicity we need needs to come from within Ohio.

Sansevieria Films said...

How would we get supplies in? All of our land borders would be with the USA, and we have no sea coasts.

Harold Thomas said...

Not true. The Great Lakes are effectively seacoasts, and we share Lake Erie with Canada.