Sunday, September 12, 2010

9-12

Today, I celebrate the third anniversary of The Ohio Republic. I do so with great satisfaction. It is hard for me to believe that this is my 826th post; and that within the next month, the Blogger page will have attracted its 60,000th page view. In addition, many people read The Ohio Republic as notes on my Facebook page, and in the Libertarian section of Before It's News.

Most heartening, however, has been the response of my fellow Ohioans to the crisis of freedom that we face with an increasingly oppressive federal government. Three years ago, I could not have imagined the widespread support that the Tea Party and similar movements enjoy in this state; nor how nullification, and even secession, have begun to enter the political discourse in this state.

I do not take credit for this change of attitude, but I take satisfaction in my effort to influence opinion in those directions. There remains much to say -- and The Ohio Republic will be here to say it.

No comments: