Monday, June 22, 2009

Now this is scary!

Update 6/25: So now we learn that the SC Guv was romping in the sheets in Argentina instead of going for a hike. A Republican in a sex scandal. Sanford & Hon.

Update 6/23: The Associated Press (same link as below) now reports that Gov. Sanford was hiking on the Appalachian Trail to enjoy some solitude. Aides say he will be back to work Wednesday.

So I did overreact; however, I do think the Governor should have let his staff (and his wife!) know where he was, even if it is something as vague as "I'm going hiking -- I'll be back next Wednesday."

Original story:

Jim Davenport at the Associated Press reports that South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford's location is unknown even to his wife and closest aides. Gov. Sanford has expressed reservations about accepting Federal funds for his State. His State also is considering a sovereignty resolution (H 3509) that contains a secession trigger.

I hope that I am overreacting, but this reminds me a little bit too much of a secessionist who ended up giving up his life for the cause, Alaska's Joe Vogler. Mr. Vogler was abducted and killed in 1993, with a strong suspicion that the abduction was carried out secretly by Federal agents.

No comments: