Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rep. Kucinich's impeachment update (with apology)

After making an admittedly snarky remark June 30 about Rep. Dennis Kucinch , I have found that he actually did propose a sensible resolution for impeachment of the President and Vice President. Unfortunately, you won't find it in the mainstream media, but I think Congressional Quarterly is trustworthy.


1. Hearings will be held in the House this Friday, July 25.

2. Rep. Kucinich is also offering an online petition that he will deliver to express the outrage of our people that this Administration continues to pursue an unjustifiable war and economic policies that are ruinous to most of our people. I encourage you to sign it.

Since we are less than six months away from inaugurating a new President, I don't think there is much chance that such a resolution will pass; but I think it is important to have it on the record that we just didn't let the Bush Administration slide with the "high crimes and misdemeanors" we all know they committed.

Rep. Kucinich, please accept my sincere apology, and please carry on with the resolution!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chalmers Johnson said in an interview shortly after Nancy Pelosi said that "impeachment is off the table", that "if impeachment is off the table, then the republic is off the table." You can find the interview on You Tube.

I hope Kucinich is successful. The way things are looking, not a whole lot is going to change regardless of who wins the presidential election. I'm voting 3rd party or independent...