Thursday, May 13, 2010

A tough decision we all have to make

I see many well-meaning people stressing loyalty to the United States flag, and it reminds me just how deeply engrained that is in our culture. However, we live in perilous times, when the conventions that have made us comfortable in the past could support efforts to enslave us.

Examples are legion: forced health care, a Senate bill that would regulate growing one's own food, post-9/11 "homeland security", cap-and-trade, a UN treaty regulating ownership of small arms, "stimulus" money to bail out Wall Street, uncontrolled immigration...


I am not promoting secession, except as a last resort that we have not yet reached, but we all have to decide at what point loyalty to the nation and its flag becomes loyalty to the tyrants who control the government of the United States of America.

I do not fly any flag at home (marital compromise), but if I did, it would be the Burgee alone.* I encourage others to consider substituting the Burgee for the United States flag, since it is based on the same founding principles. Its solo display can be a quiet reminder that we must return to freedom... one way or the other.


* A stronger statement could be made with my proposed independence flag which removes the 17 stars (left), but the regular Ohio flag will do just fine, too.

No comments: