Friday, September 12, 2008

9-12


As you can see from our masthead, today marks the first anniversary of The Ohio Republic. When I started, I hoped I could write three posts a week and gain the attention of a few hundred readers. The response has greatly exceeded my expectations. In all honesty, the fact that I started the day after the anniversary of 9-11 had not occurred to me until I had written this blog for several months.

This is our 188th post, so we are writing a post every other day; and from October 11, 2007 to Thursday midnight, we have had 3,008 visits and 5,665 page views. Normally, about half of those visits are from Ohio; with the other half from the rest of the world. Many of the non-Ohio viewers are our secessionist colleagues in Alaska, Vermont, and the South. We are pleased to be included in The Carnival of Ohio Politics, and linked to many blogs, both in Ohio and elsewhere. With a thankful heart, I have noticed that The Ohio Republic frequently has excellent placement in Google searches.

There is no question that The Ohio Republic has begun to raise the consciousness of Ohioans to the possiblity, even desirability of independence of the United States; and for that reason, I feel that our early efforts have been successful.

I pledge to you that The Ohio Republic will continue to offer news and opinion from a secessionist and Constitutionalist perspective as long as the Feds don't come after me; or until a happy day when the Founders' vision will again grace this land.

If I lack faith that such a happy day will appear, please be assured that I have very great faith in the common sense of the people of this State; that when properly aroused, they will come to the defense of government that will act in their own interest and will, if necessary exercise their Constitutional right to alter or abolish the government to which they had become accustomed.*

* Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 2.

No comments: