Monday, November 19, 2007

President Bush and the Constitution

Last Friday, I made a request for evidence from mainstream media, confirming that a statement derogatory to the Constitution was made by the President in the fall of 2005. The request remains open; however, I have to admit that, for an Internet source, Capitol Hill Blue was thorough in its documentation. Here is the link, for what it’s worth to you.

If it has any validity at all, it should be grounds for impeachment. The President of the United States has sworn (twice!) to “preserve, protect, and defend” the Constitution of the United States. To show contempt for the Constitution clearly violates that oath, and in the President, should be considered a “high crime” or “misdemeanor”. I am surprised that Congressional Democrats, who are looking for any excuse to hang the President, have not latched onto this.

My thanks to Carol Moore for clarifying this issue with me.

No comments: